Fire that tore through Rachael Ray’s house began in chimney

Fire that tore through Rachael Ray’s house began in chimney

LAKE LUZERNE, N.Y. (AP) — A fire that tore through celebrity chef Rachael Ray’s upstate New York home started in a fireplace chimney, state officials said Friday.

The state Office of Fire Prevention and Control said the August 9 fire at the house in Lake Luzerne, N.Y., was accidental.

The blaze sent flames through the roof of the home, at the end of a private drive in a rural area about 60 miles (97 kilometers) north of Albany, New York.

More than a dozen local fire departments worked to put out the flames. No firefighters or anyone from the household was injured.

Ray had been filming two days a week from her home since April, with her husband working as the show’s cameraman and producer.

___

This story has been corrected to show Ray’s first name is spelled Rachael, not Rachel.

Fire that tore through Rachael Ray’s house began in chimney

About the author: celeb

Related Posts

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *